In front of our house, I found these beautiful red leafs and some pine cones. In the autumn I like to collect leafs in every shape and colour and take them inside. They are just so pretty. Taking them inside, I thought about what would look great together with these colours.. A delicious rustic banana bread! Making a banana bread is easy, and it’s a great way to use those old and ripe banana’s that nobody likes to eat. Well.. this they wil definitely eat!
What you need:
- 4 very ripe banana’s (mashed)
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of nutella
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
How to make it:
- Mix butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Add flour and salt to the mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda in some warm water and add to the mixture.
- Blend in the mashed banana’s and the chocolate chips.
- This recipe will make 2 small loafs, or one big one. You can choose what to make. At this point you can warm up the Nutella in a microwave so it’s easier to pour.
- Grease the cake tin with some oil or butter, and pour in half the mixture. Add a little bit of the Nutella and even it out with a knife. Then pour in the rest of the mixture on top and finish with some Nutella on top. You can put as much as you like.
- Bake the loafs for 50-60 min on 175 C.
- Make some tea.. and serve them warm, yummy!