If I had to choose one thing that I had to eat for the rest of my life (without getting double sized) I would say cookies. There’s just something about them. I love the crunch, and they can be sweet but also savoury. These whole wheat oatmeal cookies, are just the right amount of sweet. Perfect for breakfast with some tea, coffee or some milk. What I also like about these cookies is that they are very easy and fast to make.
What you need:
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- dark chocolate
How to make them:
- Cream together butter and brown sugar. When creamy, add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a different bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture with the butter, and mix until combined.
- Add in the oats and fold them in util just combined. Now you can add your extra’s to the mixture. I used some chocolate and pieces of almonds. You could also use a different kind of nuts, or some dried fruits if you like. Don’t overmix.
- Roll them into little balls (about one tablespoon of dough) and put them in the refrigerator for about 10-20 min.
- Preheat the oven to 175 C. Take the balls out of the fridge and put them on a baking tray. Make them a little flat with a fork and bake for 12-14 min until golden brown.