One thing I wanted to try out for quite a while now, was to try and make something with lavender. I know it looks pretty in almost anything, but I didn’t know how it would taste like. I decided to start with something simple, and that’s when I found the recipe for this lavender syrup. You can use the syrup on ice creams, cakes, tarts and even in cocktails.
The flavour was very surprising. It’s very sweet, but with really something extra special to it. I can’t wait to start using it in different recipes. This could also be an awesome DIY gift for somebody.
What you need:
- 1,5 cup water
- 1,5 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lavender buds (I used dried ones)
How to make it:
- Put the water, sugar and lavender in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 5 min and turn off the heat.
- Leave it to rest for 3o min.
- After that, boil again.
- Let it cool down and put it in a bottle/jar.