Even when someone opens a clementine, or an orange in the summer, my mind goes to Christmas. It reminds me of my childhood, when we all got candies and clementines in December.
While cooking with oranges is not something new for me, using clementines in recipes is. I was in the supermarket and I bought a big basket of them. Later at home I always like to look for recipes of something that i have a lot of. So.. I found a sugar cookie recipe, and one that just needed dipping clementines in melted chocolate. Easy!
Making these, will definitely make your home smell like Christmas. They would also be perfect if you want to decorate a cookie with icing for the holidays. You can make them smaller/bigger.
What you need:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- zest form 2 clementines
- juice from 2 clementines
- Preheat oven on 175C.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter together with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Mix in the egg, extract, zest and juice.
- Stir in flour and mix until combined.
- Roll the dough into balls, then roll them in some sugar.
- Place them on some baking paper, and bake them for 8-10 min until they’re lightly browned around the edges.
- Let cool down for a couple of minutes.
They’re deliciously chewy and soft from the inside. I just put some clementine parts in some melted dark chocolate, and added them to the cookies. I thought it looked like a nice eatable winter piece for a table during a dinner or a party. Enjoy!