Browsing trough recipe magazines and books to find something special to try out at the Christmas dinner is part of the holiday season. Usually Christmas is the perfect time to try out something new, that is a little bit more special, and a little bit more difficult.
But sometimes, it’s the things that you make every year, that make the holiday special. Christmas cookies are something that I really enjoy making. It’s easy and fast, but you can really make it your own with the decorations. You can be very creative, and let’s be honest, it’s just really a lot of fun.
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes.
- 1 tablespoon oil (light olive or grape seed oil)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- Different colors of glazing
- Cream the butter, oil, sugar, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg and mix just until incorporated.
- Mix in the cornstarch, cocoa powder and flour. Continue adding flour until the dough isn’t sticky anymore.
- Preheat oven to 185C. Roll out the dough and use any figures you like.
- Put them on a baking sheet and bake them for 12 min.
- Have fun decorating!