Yum.. That’s all I have to say about this quiche. I wanted to make a proper quiche for quite a while now. I got a perfect baking pan for Christmas, and I finally had the time to bake something again. Luckily this recipe was a successful recipe to start my baking adventures with in 2017.
Having a nice Sunday brunch is something I would love to do more often. It’s a good day to just be in the kitchen, and make some good food you can enjoy during the rest of the day. Because it’s a Sunday, you don’t want to make something too time consuming and difficult. That’s why I enjoyed making this quiche. You just “throw” something in a pan, put it in the oven and after a while you have something super tasty to serve family or friends. Also.. a homemade quiche always looks very impressive I think.
Spinach, cherry tomato and goat cheese quiche
- pie crust/puff pastry
- 1 cup cheese (any cheese you like)
- half a leek, chopped
- 500 gr fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- goat cheese, crumbled
- 9-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 175 C. Use butter or oil to grease the pan.
- Press the pie crust or puff pastry into the pan.
- Grate the cheese on top of the bottom of the crust.
- Make sure you wash your leek carefully, and chop in small pieces. Sprinkle them over the cheese.
- Put the spinach in a pan and let it shrink. Use your hands to push out all of the excess water. It needs to be as dry as possible. Add it to the pan.
- Chop the fresh basil and add on top of to the spinach.
- Next you crumble the goat cheese and sprinkle it on top. You can use as much as you like.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and spread over the pan.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. When it’s all mixed pour the mixture in the pan.
- Bake around 40-50 min until the quiche looks golden brown and doesn’t wiggle when you shake it.
- Let it cool down, garnish with some fresh basil and enjoy your Sunday brunch!