It doesn’t happen often that I already know in the evening what I want to eat the next morning, but when I saw this chocolate orange chia pudding I definitely knew. You need to have a little bit of patience (till the next morning), but it’s all worth it.
This pudding is made with chia seeds, that are among one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with nutrients, antioxidants and are high in protein. It’s an easy superfood to start using in your diet. It’s great in puddings like this, as a topping, in smoothies or even in pancakes.
What you’ll need to make them:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 2 spoons of cacao powder
- natural sweetener (optional, I did not use it)
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar and whisk.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight
- You can put different toppings on it, such as fruits, extra chocolate, dried coconut etc.
Hope you’ll try it and enjoy!