It has been quite some time since i posted a new blogpost, and I’m happy to be back. I have been trying and testing recipes, but they all ended up in the garbage. Nothing was working out. Nothing was tasting any good and everything looked wrong. This morning when I woke up, I thought to myself, let’s go back to something you love and that is easy to make at the same time. So, while the boyfriend and cat where still in bed, I went into the kitchen and decided to make what I think is something typical Dutch. A delicious cake, with apples inside. I think this is the easier and faster version of a real apple pie.. and maybe also more yummy (shht).
I’m typing this post, exactly 20 minutes after this cake came out of the oven, and there are only two more pieces left. Eating this while warm, is another experience. Imagine it with some vanilla ice cream on the side… maybe? Yes!
So, if you’re in need of an easy recipe but one that is reallllly good… remember to try this one!
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 125 melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 125 gr flour
- 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 350 gr apples cut in little pieces
- 25 gr sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven at 185 C, and grease your baking pan with a little bit of butter.
- Mix melted butter with the normal sugar and the vanilla sugar.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Mix the flower with the baking powder and salt, and add to the mixture. Blend together.
- Pour the mixture into your greased pan, and add the apples on top. Leave a 1cm border free.
- Bake for 35 min, make a delicious cup of cappuccino or tea and enjoy!