As the title of this blog post already tells you, I baked some cookies and they just didn’t turn out so great. I wanted to make my oatmeal cookies (you can find them here), but I found out half way that I didn’t have enough oats. Fail….
So, when you already have all your wet ingredients mixed together and find out you’re missing a key dry ingredient, you start to improvise. Or at least you try to do so. Wanting to make them mainly out of whole wheat flour, It turned out I didn’t have enough of that flour either. This is what happens when you’re low on baking essentials in the kitchen.
What I did was finish the mix off with some normal flour and just hope for the best. They didn’t taste horrible, but.. It just wasn’t the best cookie ever. Not wanting to waste them or throw them away, I started to think what else I could do with them. I looked inside my fridge, and luckily there was enough cream cheese to make a cheesecake with!
I crumbled all the cookies, added some butter and sugar, and I had the crust. I never really made a cheesecake before, so it was fun how this baking adventure turned out.
What you’ll need:
- 150 gr crushed (failed) cookies
- 75 gr melted butter
- spoon of brown sugar
- 335 gr cream cheese
- 170 ml cream
- 70 gr powdered sugar
- 1 sheet of gelatine
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- strawberries – blueberries for decoration
- Crush the cookies and mix together with the melted butter and sugar. Make sure your pan is lined with some baking paper, and add the crumbs in the pan. With a spoon press the crust until its all together and quite hard.
- Mix the cream cheese with 40 gr of powdered sugar. In a different bowl make the whipped cream together with the remaining powdered sugar. Fold the whipped cream together with the cream cheese.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Put the gelatine sheet in a bowl with a little bit of water, and wait until it gets soft. Then add it to a small pan with two spoons of the cream and let it melt.
- Add the cream with gelatine inside to the cream cheese and mix everything together.
- Add it on top of your crust, and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours until it’s set.
- Decorate it with the strawberries and blueberries, or any kind of fruit you like.