Starting tomorrow, I start to work fulltime again. At least for the month of June. I have to leave the house around 8 in the morning, and I always have trouble with the time. I never seem to have enough time to really eat breakfast for example. I always forget to take something to snack on for during the day, and don’t even get me started about not being able to clean up in the morning. Argh! I should wake up earlier.. maybe..
To start good tomorrow, I decided to make some muffins that I can take to work with me, and that I can have for breakfast too. I’ve made healthy muffins before, where I put zucchini, chocolate and nuts inside. This time I left them a bit more simple and added instead of all the other things some carrot.
They turned out really nice, and are quite filling as well. I always need something around 11 or 3 o’ clock on a workday to give me an extra boost. A little bit of sugar, and just filling enough to keep me going until lunch or dinner. If not, the first thing I’ll do is start on the cookies at work, or when I come home I’ll eat whatever I can find at that moment. (this normally happens anyway..) This would also be a great snack to bring to school, or even a road trip or picknick.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 175 C and oil the muffin tray/holders.
- Add all of the wet ingredients together. Try to squeeze out the juice from the zucchini and carrots, if not it will maybe be to wet.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, and add to the wet mixture.
- Use a spoon to put the batter into the cups.
- Bake for about 20 min, until insides are completely dry.
What do you like to take to work/school as a snack? Let me know!