I am loving the guilt free treats at the moment. There’s nothing worse then seeing something delicious and thinking “should I take that second piece….?” When there is a vegan or a less unhealthy version of a dish I always try to choose that version lately. Unless it really changes the flavor, why not? And yeah, sometimes butter does make everything better. BUT, definitely not in this brownie recipe!
Normally thinking about brownies, I just think about the amount of sugar and butter that goes into it. I tried making them before without the butter, but there were still eggs inside. This time I took all of the “bad” ingredients out, without taking away any flavor.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (you could substitute it with applesauce)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other dairy free milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- hazelnuts or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the avocado and add the milk, vanilla and water.
- Mix sugar, flour, cacao powder, salt and baking powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until it’s smooth. If it’s too dry you can add some more milk.
- Add in the hazelnuts.
- Grease your baking pan and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.